Friday, October 21, 2011

He is our son...

Today I received my last paycheck for a while from my job. bittersweet. It will be nice to be able to relax for a while since I was getting incredibly burnt out at work, but money is also something I enjoy having...Hopefully I can get disability, or maybe even try to go back to work a few evenings here and there in a couple of weeks, since im feeling okay...I want to be able to take time off when he comes home too...ugh...If someone could send me a money tree i would greatly appreciate it. and not one of those plants thats called a money tree...one that sprouts hundreds and fifties :)
these diapers are a bit too small for him...but holy CUTE!

Jason and I took the day to ourselves to take care of some things that we have been putting off (understandably) for the past week. We went grocery shopping, although three stores failed to supply me with carnation instant breakfast...thankfully the RMH (Ronald McDonald House) has a steady supply and we are going back tomorrow :)

We picked up an outfit for Rowan, even though he wont be able to wear it for a while. It has monkeys on it, which isnt my first choice, but its next to impossible to find preemie sized clothing ANYWHERE for a reasonable price. Hopefully once he is off the Bili lights, he will be able to wear it. We made sure to get one that buttoned up so that his wires could come through the outside of it...Im sure he will be much warmer once he can wear some clothes too!

This was the band they put around his leg at CVPH. it was big enough to go up to his knee!
I called the NICU around 1pm today to see how rounds went. His nurse told me that they doubled his feeding amount to 5mL every 3 hours. Hopefully it wont take him too long to pack on the pounds! (ounces?) Not to mention the health benefits of getting MY milk, as opposed to IV supplements.

this was the only Preemie outfit we found...
I can't wait to get back to Vermont tomorrow. We are going in the afternoon and staying until early Wednesday morning. I have my two week check up at 10 Wednesday morning....I can't believe it will be two weeks already! Not really looking forward to having my incision poked and prodded...I bought the midwife that was there on Thursday morning a Thank you card. thank you for acting quickly even though I knwo you were exhausted. Thank you for recognizing that I was terrified and helping me to calm down. Thank you for keeping me sane while we waited for Jason to arrive. Thank you for saving my life, and more importantly, Rowan's life. Who knows what couldve happened if you hadnt talked me into coming in to get checked out that night.




"He has the spirit of the sun, the moods of the moon, and the will of the wind. He is our son."

1 comment: